Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
adapted from Texanerin Baking
- 1.4 oz (about 1/2 cup) almond meal (I used TJ’s brand)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2-4 packets of stevia
- 5 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- (frosting) 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- (frosting) 1/4 cup natural NO SUGAR creamy peanut butter
- (frosting) 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- (frosting) 2 packet of stevia
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin pan with 6 paper cups.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and stevia together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another smaller bowl, combine the coconut oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill the paper cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together and spread a little bit on each cupcake.
Servings: 6 cupcakes
***I used 3 eggs instead of applesauce and I left our the expresso powder since I had none. I used 4 Tablespoons of stevia for the cupcakes and 2 Tablespoons for the frosting